As specialist video gaming industry accountants and tax advisers we are ideally located in London’s key global centre for video gaming with more than 500 games companies, the largest hub of its kind in the UK.
Our work, or mentoring role, with video game developers often starts with the germ of an idea, going from single player to starting your own business and continues through to market exploitation and the development of the business.
Your journey with us could start with our downloadable specialist guide:
We are able to provide video gaming and interactive entertainment companies with the following support and advice:
- Business concept and business planning advice, including cashflow forecasting
- Video Games Tax Relief (VGTR) - a tax relief for the development of video games
- Setting up special purpose vehicles to support the Relief’s application, including access to specialist VGTR specialist lawyers
- Retaining key employees, including Employee Share Schemes
- Remuneration planning for directors and key personnel
- Intellectual Property (IP) protection and valuation
- Game and merchandising licences
- Raising finance, including venture capital, business angels and crowdfunding
- Business sales and acquisitions
- General business support including payroll, bookkeeping and management accounts, including the use of online accounting software
- End of year accounts, audit and tax returns, including those of Directors and shareholders
- Personal financial planning including investments, pensions and protection
- Trading with other countries
We also work closely with other professionals who have a specialist interest and experience in the video gaming, digital and technology sectors. These include lawyers, patent attorneys, intellectual property specialists, commercial and specialist funders, investors and banks.